To help patients become eligible for dental implants, Dr. Renato J. Aves can perform sinus lift surgery under IV sedation at our convenient Winter Park, FL office. During the sinus lift procedure, he raises the upper sinuses and inserts bone grafts. New bone tissue then develops beneath the sinuses, resulting in sufficient healthy bone volume and density for implant osseointegration.
Who may need a sinus lift?
You may need a sinus lift prior implants placed in your upper jaw if you lack sufficient jawbone to hold implants. This can be the result of:
- Having lost one or more teeth in your upper jaw, especially the molars. If you need an upper tooth removed, Dr. Renato Aves can help you avoid the need for a sinus lift by performing a ridge preservation procedure at the time of tooth removal.
- Periodontitis, an advanced form of gum disease that can destroy jawbone tissue.
- Having worn a traditional (non-implant) restoration for any extended period of time. Unfortunately, conventional crowns, bridges, and dentures simply rest on top of gum tissue, which means that they do not exercise the bone tissue beneath, leading to bone deterioration.
- A congenital condition or birth defect that leaves you with very little bone in your upper jaw.
Who is a good candidate for a sinus lift?
Dr. Aves will examine your mouth, perform diagnostic assessments, go over your medical records, and discuss your concerns with you to determine if you are a good candidate for a sinus lift. You can have a sinus lift if you:
- Are in good oral and dental health without active tooth decay or gum disease, which could complicate or interfere with your sinus lift procedure and it successful healing.
- Do not suffer from chronic, systemic, or immune compromising diseases, since these could stop you from safely undergoing IV sedation during your surgery.
Learn More About Sinus Lifts
Dr. Juan Aves serves patients from throughout the Orlando area. Dr. Aves can help you qualify for dental implants and enhance your oral structures with sinus lift procedures. If you have been told you do not have adequate bone for dental implants, are concerned you might not have adequate bone, or simply want to learn what our expert oral surgeon has to say about your oral health circumstances in regards to implants, we invite you to make a consultation appointment. This first appointment with Dr. Juan Aves is free of charge, including the digital x-ray and 3D Cone Beam CT imaging he needs to provide his expert opinion.